Just a reminder that everyone is invited to Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood cleanups this Saturday, April 24, 9 am to noon, and next Saturday, May 1, 8:30-11:30 am. This Saturday there will also be a waterway bike ride from 1:00-4:00 pm.
Meet for the clean ups at the Dunn’s Marsh Conservancy on Crescent Road.
This Saturday’s work will focus on hauling brush to the curb from Lots 19 and 20 and the conservancy land, but people who prefer to pick up litter instead will be accommodated: Rick Eilertson will be bringing trash bags. Rick suggests the following for the April 24 clean up if you intend to help drag brush to the curb.
1. long sleeve shirts and pants preferredThe Bike Tour of the 9 Springs Waterway will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 24, from the Dawley Park parking lot further down Seminole Highway. Rick will be leading it. Expect to travel on the Capitol City Trail as far as Fish Hatchery Road.
2. loppers, hand saws for cutting honeysuckle and buckthorn
3. work gloves
4. work boots, shoes, and/or waders
5. water bottle w/ water (I'll plan to bring a water cooler that we can use to refill water bottles)
On Saturday, May 1, gather at 8:30 am in front of the Dunn’s Marsh Conservancy sign on Crescent at 8:30 a.m. Rick will again lead this clean-up which is strictly a litter pickup.
2. FYI, Dates of Next 5 DM Council Meetings
The Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood Council meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. The location is Prairie Unitarian Universalist Society, corner of Crawford and Whenona. Any resident may attend although only the Council members can vote on motions. Let DMNA President Jeff Glazer know if you plan to attend at 277-1778 or <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The next 5 dates are:
3. Chance to Apply for a Council Position
If you have an interest in serving on the DM Neighborhood Council, please let DMNA President Jeff Glazer know.
Council members are expected to attend a monthly meeting and help in some way with DMNA activities. Any applicants should also provide information that will help the Council decide whether to support them for a Council position. Jeff’s contact information is in the previous notice.
Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood Association Communications