FREE LIVE MUSIC OUTDOORS in the neighborhood
Prairie UU Society, 2010 Whenona Drive, 4:00 - 7:45 pm, June 21
If it rains, we’ll go inside.
Bring family and friends to hear good music,
and enjoy a friendly afternoon and evening.
· 4:00-4:30 pm – Ron Frye, acoustic guitar and vocals of classic jazz from Broadway, blues, and standards
· 4:30-4:45 – Rosemarie Lester, a native of Germany, sings in French and German while playing accordion.
· 4:45-5:00 – Continental Drifters – Rosemarie Lester on guitar & accordion with Ruth Calden on recorder. Folk music from European and Latin American sources, with vocals.
· 5:00-5:30 – Grandpa Squeezit – Mike Briggs playing solo button accordion.
· 5:30-6:00 – Cindy Harrington and Steve Moore – Songs of Strength (singer). (May include sing-alongs) Cindy lives in the neighborhood.
· 6:00-6:45 – Dark of the Moon Contra-Band – a women’s band playing traditional music for dancing and listening. (Band member Mary Mullen is from the neighborhood.)
· 6:45-7:15 – Guitars for Vets – Veterans who learned to play the guitar through Guitars for Vets program sing and play folk, country and other well-known tunes (Sing along to familiar tunes.)
· 7:15-7:45 – Amy Heartsong - Creole-American mezzo soprano, trained in classical, world/folk, cabaret, and jazz will accompany herself on guitar.
Soda and popcorn will be available for sale on site (25¢ & 50¢). Some folding chairs will be available to sit on. For more comfort, bring your own lawn chairs or blankets and snacks.
Co-sponsored by Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood Association & Prairie UU Society
For more information on venues and performers all over Madison, go to www.makemusicmadison.org <http://www.makemusicmadison.org> or look in Isthmus.
Looking ahead: Mark your calendar now for the Annual Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood picnic, Friday, August 2, 5:30 pm, Marlborough Park shelter. The DMNA will provide hot dogs and soft drinks to supplement potluck items brought by attendees. Music will be part of this event also.
This notice is brought to you by the Dunn’s Marsh Neighborhood Association, co-sponsor of this Make Music Madison event. Questions? Contact Mary Mullen by return e-mail or at 608-298-0843.